Thanks for joining the Fenix Flame Comic Shop forums. We appreciate your interest in our site, our products and our knowledge. These forums are a way of us to communicate with the community and hear the voice of you, our Fenix Fans.
To make these forums safe, fun and helpful to all of the users, guests and staff, we ask that you read the below rules so you know what to do and what not to do. We don’t like banning and disciplining, so hopefully these will help avoid any such occurrences.
Instantly Bannable Offenses
These offenses can result in temporary forum suspensions or permanent bans. If you get a warning, heed it!
1. Insults. Direct personal insult of another forum member (e.g., "You’re an Iceman.", no, just kidding but “You’re an idiot” is one. But, really, Iceman? Can anyone tell us really what great of a power he has? You can make ice and slide around. Fire, an abundant resource and easily created, is your main issue?) and other name-calling. Why? Because this isn't elementary school. People should be able to discuss and debate other's posts without insulting others. You may dispute somebody's opinion but not attack or flame the person who stated it. There are a lot of other non-direct-personal insults that won't necessary get you banned instantly, but depending on the context / nature may lead to post editing, post deletion, warnings, or temporary bans. They include telling people to shut up, describing a member as an ignorant person (rather than ignorant about a particular topic), and being extremely or repeatedly rude or sarcastic. It's not your place to tell other users they are not welcome; if they follow the rules, they are welcome. Bottom line -- don't try to annoy or irritate others and don't make discussions unnecessarily personal. If somebody else insults you, report their post. Just remember, though, their post does not give you the right to return their insults. Although we do not read Private Messages sent between forum members, the rules for appropriate and inappropriate content apply to them as well.
2. Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on our hard working mods for doing their jobs, moderating.
3. Threats. Any threat or intimation of a threat.
4. Registration rules. Violation of the rules you agreed to when registering for the site: that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise against any laws.
5. Multiple registrations. You may register only one account. Reinstatement of banned or cancelled accounts can come only from an administrator.
6. Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful.
7. Trolling. Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting will get you banned.
8. Advertising / Soliciting / Self-Promotion. Your purpose in joining Fenix Feathers or posting should not be to promote, advertise, or otherwise call attention to your site, blog, product, or business. If you are interested in advertising here, reach out to Fenix and see about becoming a “partner” of Fenix Flame Comics.
Self-promotion is not fair to our paid advertisers. Forum posts should be free of ads and promotions that benefit the poster. Legitimate recommendations and requests submitted to Fenix are welcomed, but in random circumstances users without a previous forum track record will not be given the benefit of the doubt.
1. Advertising. Using the forums for advertising, site or product promotion, or for business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites, products, or services. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, carry out business activities, or for similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community.
2. Shilling. If you pretend to be a consumer who recommends your own product(s) or favors your own product(s) over others, without admitting your affiliation, you will be banned. Vendors who post in threads only to criticize a competitor's product while promoting their own will also be banned.
3. Soliciting. You may not use the forums to solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, petitions, or product testing. Employment requests/offers are limited to the Marketplace forum and subject to the Marketplace Rules.
4. Self-promotion. Self-promotional links to your blog, video channel, product, business, etc. are prohibited. We’re sure you have a wonderful and useful site, blog, product, or business, but these forums are not the place to promote it. (Unless you are the character Rogue, she can promote anything she wants with that body.)
Things Not to Do
These actions can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.
1. Inappropriate posting in a debate. We insist on a certain level of respect and civility toward other users, even when your viewpoints differ, and prohibit posts that attack posters personally or serve only to anger others (see "trolling" above).
2. Frivolous and one-word posts. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Examples includes posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool", "LOL", or a smilie), posts celebrating being the first post in a thread, posts saying "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent, posting overused memes, or making image-only posts. If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested.
3. Over Posting. Making the same post many times, making multiple pointless posts in the same thread, making numerous posts with no real content, or posting for the purpose of gaining a higher post count.
4. Reposting. Please don't repost entire articles from other sites. To initiate a discussion about an article, post a link to the article, quote a bit of it if you like, and include your own comments or questions so people know why you think it's worthy of discussion.
5. Referral links and pyramid schemes. Fenix Flame Comics does not condone multi-level marketing schemes (e.g. free super powers or mutant slaves if you refer X number of people). Members who post referral links to these or other sites will have their posts/signatures edited and may be warned. New members who post solely for this purpose will be subject to bans under the Advertising rule.
6. Off-topic posts. Off-topic posts will be deleted/edited. If you keep doing it see "Repeated problems" below. Threads and posts on controversial political, religious, and social issues are to be limited to the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum. Be careful in that forum, these rules are easily broken when these topics are discussed. Our recommendation is to steer clear of that forum unless you have skin as tough as adamantium.
7. Instructing other members to search. Instructing members to search themselves for an answer or responses such as LMGTFY ("Let me google that for you") are experienced as rude and condescending. We don't have an issue with people linking to Google search results, although we prefer that members also link to a specific page that addresses the question being posed. A few words explaining how you got your search results makes your response even more helpful.
8. Warez / Serials / Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.
9. Shared accounts. Accounts are to be used by only one person, and not shared between family members, friends or any other people. Registration is free, so there is no reason not to create a unique account for each person. You are responsible for any posts made with your account. So, more or less, don’t let your password be a free spirit and roam the cyberspace.
10. Profanity. The profanity filter is there for a reason. Do not circumvent it by using the language we intend to exclude or disguising those words. If a word is replaced by asterisks when you Preview or Submit a post, you know it's on the list. We recommend you replace it with a less offensive choice.
11. Selling / Trading outside the Fenix Feathers Trading Forum. All threads offering items for sale or trade or for free, or asking to buy or receive items must be posted in the Fenix Feathers Trading Forum. See the Fenix Feathers Trading Forum rules for specific trading rules.
12. Repeated problems. Any ongoing actions that make more work for the moderators and administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action. We have hundreds of thousands of forum members to serve and can't spend a disproportionate amount of time dealing with problems caused by any one member. If your membership is an ongoing detriment to our community then your membership may be terminated.
1. Chattiness. Use the forums to discuss the topic of the thread, not as a substitute for Instant Messaging.
2. One thread. Do not post a thread more than once. Post a new thread in the proper forum. If the topic is relevant to more than one forum, pick the best fit or most specific forum and post it only once.
3. One post. Do not post multiple messages with the same content. One post in the most appropriate thread is sufficient.
4. Avatar and signature content. Avatars and signatures, as well as other profile fields, must comply with all forum rules, including those against profanity, explicit sexual content, insults against groups or individuals, referral links, and cannot be in other ways offensive. Members will be required to change avatars or signatures that are deemed too controversial or that are particularly annoying or distracting to other members.
5. Simulated signatures. Signatures must be set on your page and not simulated within posts, so that other members can choose whether or not to display them. You may not use automated software such as FoxyTunes or Signatunes to insert content into your posts. You may use a salutation, i.e., put your name or user name at the bottom of your post.
6. Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not liked. We aren’t saying don’t do it because sometimes a thread can get missed and there is someone out there who can help. We will say though that don’t do it after a few bumps. Maybe it’s time to start a new topic rewording your post to see if there is a new reply available. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent.
7. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Iceman with the letters “waste of mutant idea”. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a relevant thread or specific instructions for problem solving. Set a good example yourself by searching first before starting a thread if you have a question that may already have been answered in the forums or you want to discuss a topic that may already have been discussed.
8. Sequential posts. We ask that you try to avoid making multiple posts in a row within a few minutes of each other, if you can avoid it, as a courtesy to other users. You can use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to multiple posts at once or you can edit your previous post to add new information.
9. English, please. Fenix Feathers is an English-language forums, so we ask that posts be written in English. (Or Klingon, we like Klingons.)
10. Common sense. In the end, use your sixth sense, er, common sense. When you are about to post messages just to increase your post count, or post something you think is funny at someone else's expense, think to yourself "Am I being a ‘troll’?" If the answer is yes, don't do it or the wrath of Apocalypse will come down upon your head!
*Oh, and we really don't have an issue with Iceman, just poking fun at him. Or do we?
Read the Fenix Boards Rules Here
1 post • Page 1 of 1
~ Owner of Fenix Flame Comics ~
...and a Spider-Gwen Fan
...and a Spider-Gwen Fan